Are you looking to help the OCaml ecosystem, but not sure where to start? This page should give you some ideas of where the community thinks work is needed.
It’s worth keeping in mind that making the ecosystem just a little more usable, especially at critical points, can have massive implications downstream.
- odoc (needs help, high priority): the new standard documentation tool for OCaml. Unfortunately, it still needs some love – check out the Issues. This is a great place to contribute since a little effort on the documentation front can go a long way.
- doc.ocaml.org (non-existent): We need to have a central site for documentation of all packages. Odoc already does a good job on package documentation generation. We would like the CI infrastructure to build docs for each package as it tests it.
Web and Networking
Elasticsearch (needs help): the defacto standard search solution. ocaml-elasticsearch is abandoned.
- LablGTK3 (needs help) - not yet feature
complete as GTK2 state, see
- OWL (needs help):
OCaml’s equivalent to numpy, scipy and Pytorch/Tensorflow.
- OWL proposed project page:
List of proposed projects for people interested in helping develop
- OWL proposed project page: List of proposed projects for people interested in helping develop