Web and Networking
Low-Level HTTP Protocol
- h2: High performance http2 implementation.
- httpaf: A high performance HTTP implementation written in OCaml. Compatible with Async and Lwt.
- cohttp: Older, slower implementation of HTTP supporting only HTTP/1.x.
- Opium: Sinatra like micro-framework web toolkit for OCaml.
- ocamlapi: Routing with ppx support. Uses cohttp and Core.
- async-http: Thin wrapper around httpaf for server/client creation. Supports both regular async TCP connections and encrypted connections via async_ssl.
- tiny httpd: Simple HTTP server like python’s SimpleHTTPServer, for serving files.
- routes: Typed bidirectional routing utility with combinators. Could be useful as part of creating a server.
- piaf: An HTTP client that supports both HTTP/1.x and HTTP/2, and with better cross-platform support for SSL.
- cohttp: A mature, lightweight HTTP server and client that currently only supports HTTP/1.x.
Aims to provide a common interface, following the fetch specification,
over different HTTP and Promise implementations. Currently only supports
lwt, but also plans to support BuckleScript in the near future.
- Ocsigen Eliom: a full-featured multi-tier framework, for developing multi-platform Web and mobile apps as 100% OCaml distributed applications. It can also be used for more traditional Web or mobile apps. Eliom lets you write client and server code in OCaml, where both are typechecked against each other, the client being compiled to JS and the backend to OCaml.
- Morph: Lightweight web framework for OCaml and Reason. docs.
A type-safe web framework.
- webmachine: A REST toolkit for OCaml. Implements a state-machine-based HTTP request processor that is well-suited for writing RESTful APIs. Uses co-http.
- OCaml-graphql-server: A GraphQL server library. GraphQL is a regimented approach to data management in web apps.
- ppx_graphql: Generate type-safe code for graphql queries from GraphQL schema and queries.
- OCaml On Ice: A web framework in the style of Ruby on Rails, built on top of Opium. It is designed for building REST APIs.
- Finch: Static site generator using markdown, with a server-side renderer.
- Naboris: An light OCaml/Reason-based web framework.
- Sihl: wip A light, modular web framework.
- Cumulus: Hackernews-like website with the OCaml framework Ocsigen (demo is currently down).
- Prose: A Google-docs-like collaborative editing application written using Eliom/Ocsigen. See the demo.
- Canopy: A blogging MirageOS unikernel based on git. Can be compiled to Unix as well.
This makes it possible to run OCaml programs in a browser, while sticking to the OCaml paradigms and ecosystem.
- commonjs_of_ocaml : Easily import and export CommonJS modules from a js_of_ocaml project.
The browser’s Document Object Model is very expensive to manipulate, and some frameworks work on making DOM manipulation more efficient.
- ocaml-vdom: A version of virtual DOM manipulation that goes well with Ocsigen.
- incr_dom: Jane Street’s version of virtual DOM, backed by the very powerful Incremental library.
build valid html using combinators.
Leverages OCaml’s type system.
PPX syntax extension to translate html/xml syntax into
- tyxml-ppx: PPX syntax extension to translate html/xml syntax into
- omd: convert Markdown to html.
- ocurl: OCaml bindings to libcurl.
A pure OCaml implementation of the DNS protocol. Part of
- udns: An opinionated DNS server library written in pure OCaml.
- oidc: Library for OpenID Connect.
- fluent-logger: A fluentd logger for OCaml.
- charrua-unix: A Unix DHCP daemon based on charrua-core
- COW: Caml on the Web (COW) is a set of parsers and syntax extensions to manipulate HTML, CSS, XML, JSON and Markdown directly from OCaml code.
- JOSE: Library for JOSE (JSON Object Signing and Encryption) support.
- Cookie: Library for working with web cookies.
- Ocamlnet: An older, but battle-tested suite of advanced networking libraries. Includes many components, such as ones allowing for shared-memory multi-processing, as well as
High-level library for writing emails. Uses
- mrmime: High performance email parsing/generation library.
- ocaml-uri: RFC3986 URI parsing library.
- Syndic: RSS and Atom feed parsing
- ocaml-mustache: mustache.js logic-less templates in OCaml.
atd code generator for OCaml or
- jingoo: OCaml template engine almost compatible with jinja2.
- dispatch: Path-based dispatching for client and server-side applications.
- Lambda Soup: Functional HTML scraping and manipulation with CSS selectors, similar to Python’s Beautiful Soup.
- Markup.ml: Error-recovering streaming HTML5 and XML parsers, serializers.
- slacko: command line interface to Slack.
- dis.ml: API for Discord servers. Uses Async and Core.
- irc-client: Client and API for IRC.
- ocaml-orc: IRC library.